Last modified: 14th January 2012
Fix-a-Frame is mindful of the trust you place in us and our responsibility to protect your privacy. As part of this responsibility, we let you know what information we collect when you use our products and services and why we collect it..
Fix-a-Frame Pty Ltd
1230 Logan Road
Mount Gravatt Q. 4123
We may collect the following types of information:
- Information you provide – When you opt-in to our websites or when you visit our physical stores we ask you for personal information. We may combine the information you submit under your account with information from other third parties in order to provide you with a better experience and to improve the quality of our services. We may give you the opportunity to opt out of combining such information.
- Log information – When you access Fix-a-Frame's websites via a browser, application or other client our servers automatically record certain information. These logs may include information such as your web request, your interaction with a service, IP address, browser type, browser language, the time and date of your request and one or more cookies that may uniquely identify your browser or your account.
- User communications – When you send email or other communications to Fix-a-Frame, we may retain those communications in order to process your inquiries, respond to your requests and improve our services. When you send and receive SMS messages to or from one of our services that provides SMS functionality, we may collect and maintain information associated with those messages, such as the phone number, the wireless carrier associated with the phone number, the content of the message, and the time and date of the communication. We may use your mailing address, email address, mobile or land-line phone number to communicate with you about our services.
In addition to the above, we may use the information we collect to:
- Provide, maintain, protect, and improve our services and to develop new products and services
- Protect the intellectual rights or property of Fix-a-Frame Pty Ltd.
If we use this information in a manner different than the purpose for which it was collected we will ask for your permission prior to such use.
Fix-a-Frame processes personal information on servers in the United States of America and in Australia. In some cases, we process personal information outside your own country. We work with companies who have secure encrypted data management in place and access to any data is through secured networks. Only trained personnel have authorisation from the Director of Fix-a-Frame to access any personal data and this is done within a supervised environment.
Data collected whilst undertaking work for clients in out retail locations is used from time to time to promote or inform clients of special offers, business activities or other information that we may send via post or Email. If you do not wish to receive information from us please either inform the retail employees or contact the management to ask to be removed from our database.
For online interactions most browsers are initially set up to accept cookies, but you can reset your browser to refuse all cookies or to indicate when a cookie is being sent. If you disable cookies some of Fix-a-Frame's services may not function properly.
Remarketing or Retargeting
Fix-a-Frame uses remarketing from time to time as part of its online advertising. Remarketing is a technique of serving advertisements on Third party vendors based on a website user's prior visit to a Fix-a-Frame website.
Third party vendors, including Google, Bing, Yahoo and Facebook, show our ads on sites on the Internet.
Or you can visit the Network Advertising Initiative opt out page.
Fix-a-Frame may use from time to time the DoubleClick advertising cookie when advertising on AdSense partner sites.
Fix-a-Frame only shares personal information with other companies or individuals outside of Fix-a-Frame in the following limited circumstances:
- If we have your consent. We require opt-in consent for the sharing of any sensitive personal information.
- We have a good faith belief that access, use, preservation or disclosure of such information is reasonably necessary to (a) satisfy any applicable law, regulation, legal process or enforceable governmental request, (b) enforce applicable Terms of Service, including investigation of potential violations thereof, (c) detect, prevent, or otherwise address fraud, security or technical issues, or (d) protect against harm to the rights, property or safety of Fix-a-Frame Pty Ltd, its users or the public as required by law.
Fix-a-Frame takes appropriate security measures to protect against unauthorized access to or unauthorized alteration, disclosure or destruction of data. These include regular monitoring of our data collection, storage and processing practices and security measures.
We use appropriate encryption and physical security measures to guard against any unauthorized access to systems where we store personal data.
We restrict access to personal information to Fix-a-Frame Staff. These individuals are bound by confidentiality obligations and may be subject to discipline, including dismissal and criminal prosecution, if they fail to meet these obligations.
When you use Fix-a-Frame's services both online and in our retail stores, we make good faith efforts to provide you with access to your personal information and either to correct the data if it is wrong or to delete it at your request if it is not required to be retained by law or for legitimate business purposes. We ask individual users to identify themselves and the information requested to be accessed, corrected or removed before processing such requests. In some circumstances there may be duplicate copies of individual's data that may be stored in archives or off-site. Although a request to delete the data may be made it may be impractical if not impossible to remove all traces of the data.
When we receive formal written complaints, it is Fix-a-Frame's policy to contact the complainant regarding their concerns.
We will cooperate with the appropriate regulatory authorities to resolve any complaints that cannot be resolved between Fix-a-Frame and the individual.
Archived copies of our policies will also be available upon request.
fixaframe.com.au protects all orders and personal information using SSL technology and accepts payments over 128-bit SSL encryption.